One tablet daily contains:
- 1,000 mcg Folic acid
- 30 mg Ferronyl® (carbonyl elemental iron) which is well tolerated by the body†
- 20 mg Sumalate® Iron for effective absorption‡
- 800 IU Vitamin D
- 100 mg Calcium
- Vitamin B Complex
Also contains: Vitamins A, C, and E, as well as Magnesium, Zinc, and Copper
Click here for OB Complete® Premier
Full Safety and Prescribing Information
Roll over or click on key ingredient for more information.
Key Ingredients Found In OB Complete® Prescription Prenatal Dietary Supplements include:
OB Complete® prenatal supplements are:
• Gluten-free • Sugar-free • Lactose-free
DHA—to support brain health3
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), an omega-3 fatty acid, is thought to be important in the support of optimal brain, eye, and nervous system development.3
OB Complete® Petite contains 200 mg of DHA.
OB Complete® One contains 300 mg of DHA.
Folic acid—to promote healthy neural tube formation1
Women who consume healthy diets with adequate folate may reduce their risk of having a child with birth defects of the brain or spinal cord.1,2
All OB Complete® prenatal vitamins contain 1 mg
(1000 mcg) folic acid.
Iron—Help reduce iron deficiency in mom
Getting too little iron during pregnancy increases a woman's risk of iron deficiency and her infant's risk of low-birth-weight, premature birth, and low levels of iron.4
Nearly 20% of pregnant women in the US are iron deficient.4
OB Complete® contains formulations of Ferronyl®† and Sumulate®‡ for tolerance and absorption respectively.
Vitamin D—To support bone health
Vitamin D is thought to be important for fetal skeletal growth and maintaining healthy bones.
In a study of 1,814 women, more than one third of women of childbearing age in the US were Vitamin D deficient.5
OB Complete® supplements contain some of the highest concentrations of Vitamin D.6
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, pediatrician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding diet and exercise during and after pregnancy, or other medical condition.
Formulation Patent: U.S. 8,263,137.
† Ferronyl® is a registered trademark of ISP Investments Inc.
‡ Sumalate® is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. and is covered by the following patents: U.S. Pat. No. 6,716,814, U.S. Pat. No. 8,007,846 and U.S. Pat. No. 8,425,956.
1. National Institutes of Health. Folate Fact Sheet https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Folate-HealthProfessional/. Accessed September 4, 2018.
2. MRC Vitamin Study Research Group. Prevention of neural tube defects: Results of the Medical Research Council Vitamin Stgudy. The Lancet, Vol 338, July 1991 No.8760.
3. Greenberg JA, Bell SJ, Ausdal WV. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation during pregnancy. Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2008;1(4):162-169.
4. National Institute of Health. Iron: Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/. Accessed September 4, 2018.
5. National Institute of Health. Vitamin D: Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/. Accessed September 4, 2018.
6. Data on file, Osmotica Pharmaceuticals, 2018.